Hey guys! I feel like it's been soooo long since I talked to anyone but I left less than a week ago. It's been such a long week and I am so not ready for it to be over and for classes to start - except I got my syllabus for my TV history and criticism class and I honestly almost cried. I've been sort of wishy washy about film this summer but reading that syllabus just made me soo happy and so excited to actually be studying television (the first week is just about shows coming out this newest season HOW EXCITING IS THAT!?!?)
I feel like I need to blog so many things! This is my first chunk of time without anything going on (and by that I mean my first chunk of time without Spencer) and it's nice to just sit back, have a cup of coffee that I prepared in my own kitchen, and watch some long awaited Teen Mom. My roommates are all still asleep so I'm just having some nice alone time.
Sooooo my week! We got delayed because of the hurricane which was supposedly going to bring the apocalypse upon the East Coast so I got to New York on Monday night. Upperclassmen weren't supposed to move in til Tuesday, but they were chill and let me move in early. I got to see all my roommates who I missed so much. They went to a party, but I was totally exhausted so I just crashed in my bed. The next morning I had offered to help Spencer move in but he got here at seven, my alarm went off, I woke up - thought about how I was supposed to get up and just ending up falling back asleep. But eventually I got up and went to get breakfast with him and his mom. It was really nice. His mom's kinda intense but super nice and I'm still just really shy around his family. After that we went back and moved in a bunch of his stuff and went grocery shopping. He lives in Chinatown and there's no American grocery stores so it's impossible to find things like bread/cheese/milk so he just bought all these random things like bamboo sticks and dried vegetable and mysterious wax gourd drink. After that we went back to my room and spent the entire day just in bed. :) :) :) Later we ended up going to my friend Jesse's apartment for a bit but it was way too hot cause their air conditioning broke and they live in a seven story walk up so we left really early and went back to my room and fell asleep. Laura's "just friend" Dan slept over too so there was mad cuddling going on in our room.
The next day my parents were still in the city so I went to breakfast with them and we bought a couple last minute things for my dorm (like a lamp which was greatly needed because there's no overhead light in my bedroom! There's an overhead light IN OUR SHOWER - like two lights in the bathroom - one for the room and one for the shower but none for my entire bedroom). After that they left and I went to Spencer's dorm where we watched Game of Thrones (SO GOOD. OH MY GOD.), made jello shots, and ate delicious bread. We were supposed to hang out with his friend from home but she didn't end up coming into the city so we ended up just laying around again. He doesn't know his roommates but one seems super cool and the other is a very small, very meek boy from Hong Kong who seems sort of afraid of me.
The next day (yesterday) my roommates and I decided we needed to go to Ikea and get some kitchen stuff so I walked back from Chinatown (which is a healthy 40 minute walk). Ikea's in Brooklyn so we had to take a ferry over. We had a fun roommate day buying kitchen stuff (where I spent a lot of time being a frugal bitch and talking people out of expensive purchases). Plus Ikea is the most fun store ever - cept this trip was not nearly as romantic as my epic double date to Ikea with Spencer, Tacy and Eric. After we got back Spencer came over and a bunch of us just hung out. Laura's best friend from home, Lizi, who came to visit last year, just transferred to the Manhattan campus of Fordham so she came over. Lizi is the best. She's super nice, easy to get a long with and really really funny so it was a blast. It was also nice cause Spencer hadn't really hung out with my friends before so it was amazing that everybody was getting a long. It was just one of those moments were everything in life is really really good and you just have a fun time sitting around, goofing off with the people you love. After that Spencer and I went to his really good friend from home's dorm because she was making a giant dinner for tons of people (her parents are both professional chefs). It was super weird though because Giulia (Spencer's friend) lived on my floor last year and it was a ton of people from my floor, cept Laura and I never hung out with them so they were all like "oh...uh...hey...Didn't you live on our floor? We never really saw you guys..." Also Spencer used to date Giulia's old roommate so there were a lot of really awkward conversations like "Oh well everyone here is from the 7th floor. And Spencer who basically lived on the 7th floor." We ended up leaving pretty quickly though cause we weren't hungry (my friend left a bunch of ice cream in our freezer so we had a giant ice cream feast before we left) and went back to my dorm because we thought everyone would still be hanging out there but it turned out everybody was at my friend Aaron's so we just drank a bunch of wine, watched Game of Thrones and had a cuddlefest. Eventually Laura came home and Dan slept over so there was even more snuggling in the room.
Aaaaand this morning I woke up and Spencer just left to go meet his mom, who's in the city today. And that's been my amazing week which I just realized, from glancing over this blog, has been 90% snuggling Spencer. And that makes me incredibly, exceedingly, exceptionally happy. Eventually I'm going to go be an adult and shower and go grocery shopping (because I've been living off of granola bars my parents brought in the car...) and tonight Spencer's having all my roommates over to his dorm for dinner so we can all bond/experience Chinatown. Also this weekend Spencer and I are going to Jersey and then driving with his friends from home to this giant renaissance faire in New York state and I'm super excited. :)
Sorry this blog has been sort of word vomit and possibly super boring, but I wanted to let you guys know everything I'm doing! Keep me updated on your lives (even if it seems super silly and pointless I REALLY WANT TO KNOW I PROMISE). I miss you all and I love you!! :)
(Also also I've been listening to a lot of new music cuz I can finally download things and I found this amazing song you should all check out, but ignore the video because it's super silly - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvaDdufutzA)
Glad you are happy and jealous of you for your snuggling/eating Giulia's parents' food/going to the renaissance fair!!
ReplyDeleteAlso I have SO many shows I need to catch up on but keep me updated on where you are in Game of Thrones because I know literally no one else who watches it so we need to talk about it!!!
Oh and
FIGURE OUT A TIME I CAN COME.
I miss you so much, but if I can't be with you I'm glad you have a lot of people and things that make you happy! =)
Oh and I liked that song. =)
ReplyDeleteGAME OF THRONES IS FUCKING FANTASTIC. ITS PERFECT.
ReplyDeleteYour week sounds soooooooooooooooooooo amazing. I want to be a real adult!
ReplyDeleteAhh that all sounds so fun! Studying televisions sounds like it would be awesome.
ReplyDeleteAww I ship you and spencer and being an old couple that just stays in and drinks wine/ watches your moving pictures. You always sound like you have such a chill time running around doing random things. I'm jealous you can hop from place to place so easily.
ReplyDeleteBlargh. I also ship that. :)
ReplyDeleteAlso shipping. ALSO I'm also extremely jealous of your ability to go from place to place.... I wish we had a Chinatown here. I also wish my boyfriend were available for that much snuggling. Snuggling is the best.
ReplyDelete