Saturday, October 9, 2010

Is zigaziga sex?

Hey time for the weekly blog post. The weeks seem like they're going so quickly - its crazy.

All week I've had class (but I've had a large amount canceled which is exciting - and I have a four day weekend yayyy). I've had so much homework - everything has been due at the same time which has been a little overwhelming but I love the work so it's all good. On Tuesday my philosophy paper was due but once I got to class we found out the class was canceled - we still had to turn in our papers sadly but I just ended up talking to this guy I really really like from the class. It was really friendly and I'm pretty sure he's not interested in me like that but it was still so nice.

Wednesday I had Sound Image and my work went over really well - my professor wants me to remix the beginning and she's going to use it as an example piece! This was so wonderful because its probably my favorite class and she's my favorite professor. It made me feel like I can actually compete (well we aren't suppose to face the competitiveness of film school as a competition - more of a collaboration, but everyone knows its a competition) with all the other really talented people here.

Anyway, yesterday my cousin, Julie, was free so we met up because even though she lives a few blocks away from me and we go to the same school we NEVER see each other. We hung out in the dorm for awhile and than Hannah found this thing online that said apparently there was a 90s dance party/group karaoke thing in Brooklyn. So we got dressed up super 90s and got super Four Loko'd (which is this energy drink/alcohol) and SET OUT. The only thing that was sort of awkward was my roommate doesn't drink so we were all drinking at my friend's room without her...but I don't think she noticed or cared. The funniest thing was on the subway to Brooklyn we ran into our Writing the Essay professor. The bar in Brooklyn was soo fun. They had a giant screen with 90s music videos and the lyrics playing. There was a dance contest too and my friend Aaron won a bunch of free drinks.

We had to leave sort of early though because the last train from Brooklyn to New York was leaving. After that we just walked around New York and Laura and Aaron went back to my room and Hannah and I ran into Julie (who had left early to meet her
friend). So we smoked a little and sat on the steps of one of the dorms. Eventually Julie and her friend had to go so Hannah and I just wandered around the village. We were both really awake and trying to find a party or something, but we couldn't find anything. It was nice to just talk to Hannah for a really long time though. The end of the night was sort of a let down but whatever. And the whole time I'd invited the guy from philosophy out with us and he never met up with us which was sad. :(

So that's been my week/weekend so far - we're trying to make this four day weekend really really epic so I'll keep you posted. Now I need to go find some coffee and shower because I wreak of smoke.

Love you!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your sound image piece. =)
    I want to hear it sometime!

    Jealous of your 90s dance party!
    Four Loko is good but doesn't the aftertaste kill you?! Uck.

    I'm glad you got to spend so much time with Hannah, but don't you DARE go replacing me with her now, ya hear?!

    Hope you have a super epic rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I have a four day weekend too!! (I second Tacy's motion about not replacing us with Hannah.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES the aftertaste is so bad. But its so fucking fun.

    I WILL NEVER REPLACE YOU TACY! or Molly :D

    ReplyDelete