Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fingers Crossed in the Promiseland

Hey again! I've been trying to do this once a week so here goes...

Last weekend my dad drove out to the east coast we went to Connecticut (to see a friend of his), Vermont (to see my grandparents), and Massachusetts (to see my aunt). Vermont was really tough because my grandpa had a stroke a year ago and I haven't seen him since it. He doesn't know me at all anymore and it was hard for him to remember my dad. I use to be really close to my grandpa as a kid so it was a really tough trip. After that we stayed at my aunt's house - who has copious amounts of money - and ate the most delicious dinner I've had for awhile and so much coffee ice cream. I really like being on the east coast and being able to spend a lot more time with my family.

After that I came back to New York and spent the day in the city with my dad. Now I'm back to classes - where I'm starting to get a lot of work. Tooooooo many papers due this week.

Laura's gone this weekend - to see her ex boyfriend in Washington state. We dubbed this weekend Sexplosion 2010 but there hasn't been any sex on my part. On Friday my friend Ryan wanted us to go wait for SNL tickets (you can wait outside for Stand By tickets) and we were going to go at four in the morning and wait, but people started lining up at midnight soo we decided to let Ryan go without us. We are going to go wait in a few weeks on October 30th when the guest is JON HAMM. Best birthday present ever??? So we decided to go to this girl's apartment who we went to last week, but when we got there there were sooo many people that we just drank some awful, awful vanilla vodka and left. After that we went to the East Village and went to this place that supposedly doesn't card - but we were all too nervous to try so we just ate pizza. And since we were sort of drunk decided that we should also buy some falafel. After that Hannah and I sort of just collapsed in my room and woke up 12 hours later.

On Saturday I lounged around and then went to Washington Square Park (which is the park that most of our campus is around - so its kind of like our quad...just with street musicians and homeless people) and drank some wine and smoked something (that Hannah claims was weed but was totally just tobacco) and ate some fancy cheese with Hannah's roommate's friends. After that we went to this comedy show fundraiser with the improv groups from NYU because my friend Sabrina (who is amazing!)'s boyfriend is in it. Also her boyfriend is Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan's son. Its crazy.

After that we wandered around and decided to go see this experimental movie called Enter the Void. It was SO AWFUL. The first hour was crazy and cool but the last HOUR was sooo bad. There was like a ten minute shot from INSIDE A VAGINA. WTF.

So my love life - heh - the guy I was talking to at the beginning of classes was actually really intense and super awkward to be around so I've been trying to...give him a lottttttttttttttt of space. I'm not interested at all anymore....The only plus side of Enter the Void was that I asked this guy who I reallllly liiiike to come with us and he couldn't come so I didn't have to endure the epic awkwardness that would've ensued from that vagina shot. He's so goofy and awkward it might've been alright though. We will see where this goes.

I love you and miss you guys!!

2 comments:

  1. Aw it sounds like you're having a lot of fun :) besides the vagina thing. Vanilla vodka sounds awful. The "since we were sort of drunk decided that we should also buy some falafel" made me lawl. Continue pursuing this guy! He sounds awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah drunk falafel is actually really disgusting

    ReplyDelete