Hey I'm officially moved in to NYU! We started at around 9 this morning after spending some time at my aunt's house which was fun. Had a lot of bonding time with my extended family.
My dorm is actually really big - with two walk in closets. Its kind of old looking - with crummy carpet and my roommate's mom said it reminded her of a mental asylum but I LOVE IT. So poetic.
Laura is cool - different than I expected, but good. Its been sooo weird seeing people from facebook in real life - there's this weird moment of like "is that...oh weird do i wave??"
Its been nice to see Julie too - its weird having her be the closest person I know.
My dorm looks okay but Laura's side is like epicly decorated with lights and stuff. She has so much stuff - pretty jealous.
Our suite mate Yun came later - she seemed kind of awkward around us but I'm sure its nerves. Our RA is really nice and really cute but everytime I run into him I've been suuuuper sweaty from moving stuff around. Also his interests are "dancing, reality tv and theater." Probably not my type. O.o
Laura's out with her family for dinner and I'm basically just killing time before our floor meeting - also our floor theme is Toy Story 3. We have pictures of the toys (I'm slink) on our doors and its says "You've Got a Friend in Laura, Mary, and Yun!"
Sooo I'm going to scavenge something to eat...
BYE!
AHHHH That sounds so cool! My dorm isn't quite decorated yet either but we have a lot more room than I thought we would. Plus the kitchen and bathroom thing is kind of nice. I'm glad you like your dorm. :)
ReplyDeleteI liked the picture you sent me. It really wasn't too early here (9:45) but I had been up until 5 playing an epic game of truth or dare with my roommate and Jack and his roommate. More on all that on my blog someday.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds so awesome. I love that your floor theme is Toy Story 3. Also, I know how you feel about being sweaty around people. It's hard not to be sweaty here, which at first made me feel awkward, but then I realized that everyone is sweaty all the time in Houston. That was an odd side note.
That sounds really cool. I've totally been having those awkward moments too where you see someone you've talked to on facebook.
ReplyDeletehave a good time! I don't know if you ever got my text or were just too busy to respond, which is completely fine, but I hope move in day was good and your O-week is fun :)
Molly - I wanna hear about this truth or dare! BLOG NOW! It was such a sweaty day. We danced a bunch at the loft party. Epicness.
ReplyDeleteMaddy - I did get the text but I forgot to respond! Sorry :(
McKenzie - My room looks so pretty now we have a paper lantern on either side and christmas lights on Laura's side.
Your room sounds awesome! =)
ReplyDeleteI hope/bet you're having an amazzzing time! Don't forget to tell those LBT guys about me. xD
Make sure to keep us updated on all the fun stuff you do this week!!!
Haha I won't. :) One's really nice and quite and the cute ones kinda douchey. I will!
ReplyDeleteToy Story themed?! That's so cool :D Our theme is space. I am very jealous of your two walk in closets.
ReplyDelete