Tuesday, May 24, 2011

New Blog - Indianola Edition

'Ello ladies!

Most of you have seen me in the past few days but I thought I'd blog just CAUSE (I'm bored).

So the last days of school were chill, but super sad. My final narrative came out pretty well, I think - check it out if you haven't (its on my vimeo - just google emily berge vimeo). I was really sad to leave my friends at school. On the last night we broke in to my suitemate (who had already packed and left)'s room and lit candles and messed around with tarot cards and had a "seance" and ate snacks and told secrets. It was really fun and a wonderful way to end the year. The next day I packed in a frenzy - with help from Hannah and Jesse who had slept over and Ryan who lives down the hall. After that I left and drove all the way back to Iowa.

I got home and saw all of you guys and I'm SO HAPPY TO BE HERE. Like, I was worried I would really miss New York, but I do not at the moment. The first day back I went to Lake Ahquabi and listened to the Into the Wild soundtrack and breathed in the air and the air smelled SO GOOD. And I was alone. Like completely alone for the first time in so long and my soul felt a bit more cleansed. I missed trees and smelling the air and hearing birds. Also, I really really missed you guys. When I was at school I tried not to think about it because I didn't want to be homesick, but I really love you guys. You are always fun and you make me laugh so much. You are the best friends anyone could ask for and every time we've hung out since I've been home has been such a blast. I am so so excited for the rest of the summer.

So the things that have happened this summer....

- Alec's party. I hooked up with Alec which was a weird, bad idea. It was fine though cause the next day I was like AHH I hope this doesn't hurt our friendship and he was like yeah no big deal, we were drunk. Also lots of naked hot tubbing which was interesting. Maybe I'm getting over my fear of being naked? I'm even more excited for the epicness of Alec's next party which will be even bigger.

- I'm going to be working at Family Video next week so come rent lotsa movies.

- Walking Dead and Mad Men marathons

- I finally replied to the epic letter that Jake wrote me, but I'm wondering if he even got my reply which makes me sad. We will see, I guess.

Sooo...that's about it so far :)

1 comment:

  1. 1. BLOG MORE

    2. what epic letter?

    3. I'm glad you're having a good time :)

    4. BLOG MORE PLEASE :)

    ReplyDelete