Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloweekend, Frank, Mint Tea, Stephen Colbert, Carrie

Hey guys!

I'm trying to keep tabs on my weeks by blogging.

Sooo here's my week:

Classes are going well - a lot of work is starting to pile up, and its becoming a little bit less glamorous and exciting but I still love it here. Its just a more subtle love instead of OH MY GOD THIS IS SO AWESOME ALL THE TIME. I love Sound Image class - we are doing a group project right now and we have to have a producer, writer, editor and director and I'm the writer. Its really exciting to be acknowledged as a writer and I'm so incredibly excited to cast the project and have all these other talented people take my words and add their own talent and flare. The more I do the more I realize I really want to write screenplays and work with a director that I really trust. I love hearing my words come to life. ^.^

I'm getting sort of sad about the semester ending because I really like my classes right now and I don't want to leave my sound professor Barbara. :( I'm also sort of apprehensive about winter break. I really miss you guys and I'm really looking forward to a nice long sit on my couch and a snuggle with Garbo, but its going to be so weird having all this time with nothing to do and having to go back to work at Family Video and everything. Sort of like picking up the pieces for a month randomly, eh?

Thursday I had classes all day and after we decided to have a zombie fest in honor of Halloween. A bunch of people came over and Eric was like "heyyy can Parker come?"

Just as a plot recap - I was really into Parker at the beginning of the year but at a party he told Eric he wasn't interested or SOMETHING. I don't really know - Eric hasn't told me what he said except Parker apparently doesn't hook up with girls at parties because he doesn't get drunk and doesn't want to take advantage of anyone. So anyway I'm always really uncomfortable around him because I was embarrassed and he generally just sort of ignores me when I'm around OR he pays a lot of attention to me. Its odd. But essentially we were at the level where we didn't really even acknowledge each other on the street or anything.

Back to the scene - I almost told Eric not to invite him but I was like EH whatever he can come. He showed up and he was being so nice to me and I was like uh WTF. So we all got together and started to watch the original Night of the Living Dead but it was actually super boring so we decided to watch Carrie in honor of Halloween. As I get scared easily I announced to the room that I needed someone to protect me and I was totally kidding but Parker from across the room says "I WILL" and gets up and squeeeeezes on my bed next to me. This leads to like two hours of Carrie-induced cuddling. We talked through the whole movie and the next day I asked him if he wanted to watch Donnie Darko and he said yeah soon...and by soon he meant in an hour.

We ended up watching Donnie Darko and talking the whole time and just cuddling on my bed. It was really nice - and really innocent. He kissed me on the shoulder. :) When he was leaving we kissed and it was pretty delightful and than I went back to life and was super confused. Later that night we all sort of met up for Halloween festivities and we tried to go to this party in Brooklyn but it got shut down by the time we got there and Julianne and I ended up getting left in BK which was terrifying because we had consumed a lot of 4 Lokos but WE GOT HOME and we weren't dead so that was great. The next night we had equally unsatisfying party experiences and I ended up just coming back to my room and moping around a bit. Laura, Aaron and Laura's friends from home bought me a cupcake and had a candle and sang me Happy Birthday really late at night though which was very sweet.

Sunday I just sort of lounged around - I was sort of in a bad mood, because my birthday always puts me in a bad mood, honestly. I always have a lot of expectations and they always fail. Plus Laura was in a really bad mood and she was being really mean (not to me, just to Hannah and stuff). I ended up cuddling with Eric (not in a romantic way at all, I promise, that's just the nature of our friendship) and talking and watching Up. We went out to dinner for my birthday which was really sweet of my friends but we ended up squabbling a lot. Eric and I ended up walking around the parade in the village by ourselves which was really fun. Halloween is suuuch a big deal here. The streets were closed down because of the huge amount of people out in the streets and we saw some really cool costumes (Kickass, Dr Horrible, Double Rainbow, etc, etc).

Today Eric's friend had tickets to the Daily Show so we rushed there after class but we were too late and we got cut (but apparently we're getting VIP tickets for another show because we were cut) so we decided on a whim to walk over to the Colbert Report and see if we could get in on stand by and we did which was so awesome. The show was really short - they film so quickly, but it was really fun. Colbert looks really different in real life (sort of wider). It was a really fun night and Eric and Alex are both really fun. After that we rannnnn to the plenary session we had that night (which is like lectures we have with all the freshman in Tisch that are required for our writing the essay class and they're on random Monday nights) and Alex ended up giving me a piggyback ride through the streets of New York and we finally got there and ran into our professor and pretended we had been there the whole time.

So that's what's been up with me recently.

Btw, I'm sorry if I tend to just talk about relationships. I'm sort of boy crazy, which I'm very willing to admit and being here is just opening my eyes to the amount of amazing people in the world. Everyone I meet I like, which is something I've never felt before. All the people I get to know I love talking to. Just imagine you went to a school where all of a sudden everyone had the same taste as you and the same interests (as well as being interesting and attractive) and you had just gotten out of a very confusing longterm relationship and you were SO GLAD to be single. I know I seem really fickle but its really nice to be single finally and just embracing life as it comes.

I love you guys and I miss you!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I rant about relationship stuff too. We are young single women. Of course we need to talk about this stuff. lol.

    Plus, it's all super exciting and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I love hearing about your relationship stuff. I love hearing about everything in your life :) And you got game, girl.

    Also, I'm pretty apprehensive about winter break too. It's going to be so weird after so long away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I so don't though. Turns out Parkers been kind of...hanging out with a lot of girls. :(

    It isssss. But I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete