Friday, July 23, 2010

A Garden That's Bursted Into Life

Current song - Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. I really need some good old fashioned comfort music. I've been sorta freaking out about everything recently. Way too much stuff going on for me right now. I recently got home from Portland - which was fun - but oddly really stressful. We had a ton of stuff happening in our family (cousin getting married, other cousin have a major surgery, aunt got engaged, etc, etc, etc) and I spent a lot of time with my cousin who is also attending NYU. She's a really...intense person so it made me even more worried about next year which was about the last thing I needed right now. Also on our way back we got delayed in Denver for a long time and I returned home exhausted and irritated - and I've always felt when I come home from vacation I feel really cut out of everything. I saw Max the next day which made me feel better though. :)

But now I'm exhausted from work last night after little sleep the night before and a long night of fighting with my computer and need to drive my dad up to Des Moines for a minor surgery - which I'm also freaking out about. Eek. :(

In more exciting news - I also have some unofficial housing stuff - according to my ebill thing I'll be in the dorm Rubin. It was my first choice - technically - but I was sort of hoping for my second choice (Hayden). Hayden has a vegan cafeteria with local grown food - and a really good reputation, but Rubin was cheaper. C'est la vie.

Here's some info about Rubin -

"Welcome to Rubin! Located at a swanky address on 5th Avenue , Rubin is a bustling community comprised of approximately 680 first-year students. We have several great amenities for residents to take advantage of including: a large air conditioned second floor lounge, a black box theatre, a study lounge, a dance room, a piano room, a ping pong room, a darkroom, a billiards room and a great dining hall."

I'm most excited for the billards room.

3 comments:

  1. I'd be most excited for the piano room!

    I hope you get un-stressed. I know you will be fine at NYU. Read The Naked Roommate! probably you already have. But take what it says to heart! Stuff will be crappy sometimes but that doesn't mean that you or your school sucks. As far as being stressed about other things, I hope everything works out okay. I don't have anything else to say really but let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude your dorm sounds awesome! I'm jealous you have a darkroom and a ping pong room. As for being stressed out, I hope everything gets easier soon! I know once you get there everything will just kind of ease together. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) I have read the Naked Roommate but I'm actually not that stressed about college itself right now - its more just adding to the pile of stress haha.

    ReplyDelete